Ethiopian Green Beans And Potatoes (Yataklete Kilkil 2)
adapted from global vegetarian by Jay Solomon
- 2 Large Potatoes -- diced
- 1/2 Pound Green Beans
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion -- finely chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic -- finely chopped
- 1 Small Serrano Pepper -- seeded and chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Can Stewed Red Ripe Tomatoes
- 1/2 Teaspoon Fresh Lime Juice
cover potatoes in boiling water and simmer for 12 minutes add green beans and cook for 5 more minutes. drain. In a large skillet, heat oil , saute onion, garlic, serrano for 4 minutes.
Stir in remaining seasoning and saute 1 minute. add potatoes, green beans and remaining ingredients. cook 7-10 minutes over medium heat stirring frequently.