If you would like to find somewhere cheaper than the Radisson and register
for just the Congress and meals, these suggestions were provided by
Shankar Narayan, a local resident:
- There is a Hotel by name Club Mahindra Varca Beach, Goa at a distance
of just 1 km from the Congress venue (15-20 minuutes' walk). They
have offered a special rate of Rs.2600 (about US $ 60), standard room
plus tax basis, per night against the rack rate of Rs.5000, for maximum
2 adults and 2 children under 6 years. This works out at US$ 420 for
7 nights and gives a saving of US$ 130 compared to stay at Radisson.
Those interested can get more details from clubmahindra.com. Reservations
can be sent directly to email@example.com
addressed to Ms. Andrea. Reference may be made to my discussions with
Ms. Andrea on Nov.10, 2005. In case interested parties contact me,
based on confirmed participations, I can try to negotiate a still
- There are no other suitable hotels in the vicinity. Other hotels
available are at a minimum distance of 4-5 kms from the venue and
are more expensive. In addition, transportation will be a major problem.
- There are decent budget hotels in Margao, nearest town, (where I
live) about 9 kms from the Congress venue. Tariff ranges from about
US$15 without air-conditioning and about US$ 20 with air-conditioning,
per night, for a standard room for 2 adults and 2 children. Again,
based on confirmed participations, I can negotiate a better rate.
My suggestions are:
- First choice should be to stay at the Congress venue. It is a very
good place at a very good rate. Cost is US $ 700 for 7 nights.
- Second choice is naturally Club Mahindra at US $ 420 for 7 nights
- For those who do not want the above options, the best option is
to stay in Margao (preferably in one hotel) at about US $100 to US
$150 for 7 nights. Transportation can be arranged at a cost of US
$ 100 (1 person traveling alone) or US $ 20 (8-10 persons traveling
together). Better prices can be negotiated based on confirmed participations.
- for further information on any of these subscribe to the ivu-india
discussion group where the author is assisting group members.
Back to the 2006 Congress Index